December 2011 – March 2016
- Setting a new standard in local healthcare
- At capacity will provide 400 beds & over 26 theatres
- Incorporates an emergency department and full range of medical and surgical specialties
- 2017 Australian Institute of Building (AIB) National Professional Excellence in Building Award – Project Management
- 2017 Australian Institute of Building (AIB) Queensland Professional Excellence in Building Award – Project Management
- 2016 Australian Institute of Project Management (AIPM) Queensland Engineering/ Construction Project of the Year
The 50,000m² state-of-the-art private facility sets a new standard in local healthcare, delivering essential health services to the local community. The private hospital features 284 beds and 13 operating theatres including two catheter labs. The facility has the capacity to expand to 400 beds and over 26 theatres as the surrounding community grows.
The hospital currently provides an emergency department and full range of medical and surgical specialties including cardiology, oncology, renal, urology, orthopaedics, gynaecology, obstetric, rehabilitation and a new paediatric service.
The facility also incorporates an integrated four storey car park as well as associated support facilities.
RCP oversaw the development from concept design to occupation and successfully guided the project team to achieve all milestones throughout the fast track design and construct delivery programme of this complex building project. This resulted in the delivery of a high quality, world-class facility, on time and substantially under budget.