Eureka Funds Management
- Staged redevelopment of iconic regional shopping centre
- Project divided into 6 key construction zones
- Construction undertaken whilst centre continues to trade
- Creation of new parallel mall and refurbishment of existing mall
- New additional department store
- Total reconfigured and refurbishment of existing department store
- New additional supermarket
- Relocation of existing supermarket
- Relocation of two existing discount department stores
- 30,000m2 of new retail space
- 900 new carparks
- Major external roadworks and service diversions
On this project, RCP worked with Eureka Funds Management and the project design team from the development of design documentation through the tendering and negotiation of the D&C contract. This included managing the preparation of the contract and tender documentation in addition to calling for and managing the D&C EOI, tender process, contract negotiations and award. Works commenced on site in January 2012.
With the commencement of works on site, RCP established a project site office with a dedicated project management team, undertaking all day to day duties of the Project Manager and Contract Superintendent. RCP’s project management duties also relate to the management and coordination of the two Department Stores, two Supermarkets and two Discount Department Stores as well as the numerous new and existing specialty tenants.
RCP has also provided a formal programming role on this project including design documentation programme; assessment and recommendation of tender programmes; macro construction programme; audit services during the construction phase to control time risks; monthly project progress reports and attendance at PCG meetings in addition to providing programming advice in regard to the movement of major tenants, tenancy coordination, ‘what if’ scenarios, building within the existing centre, the re-diversion of significant services and extension of time claims.